Tuesday 8 July 2014

100 Happy Days - Day 1

Yesterday while on facebook I noticed a friend of mine had posted this link:
             http://100happydays.com/
           
Curiosity got the better of me, I visited the site and saw the following written:

            "The ability to appreciate the moment, the environment and yourself in it,          is the base for the bridge towards long term happiness of any human being."

and this was enough of a nudge to entice me to do my own 100 Happy Days Challenge here on my blog. I haven't written too many posts so far, so the thought of completing 1 a day for 100 Days feels a tad daunting, but strangely at the same time quite exciting.  Unlike the above web page, I won't be posting a photo everyday (due to a not so technical phone).....but my mission is simple:  100 days where I post my happy moment(s) for the day. 
Now lets get the show on the road.
Day 1:
On our way back from Portland today, as we were driving past Tower Hill, just as the sun was setting we saw the beautiful sight of over 30 kangaroos grazing in a paddock in front of a house.  The three of us were so excited to see them and my young son exclaimed, "oh wow I would love to live in that house, imagine being able to watch those kangaroos every night, how lucky would you be!". 
Not only did the sight of  the kangaroos make me happy, but most of all it was my son's uncomplicated, unmaterialistic view of life as well as he and his sister's  enjoyment of a simple pleasure that also brought true happiness today.
1 down, 99  to go :)

2 comments:

  1. Beautifully expressed! In my entire life, I have never seen a kangaroo. I would LOVE to!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Rocky....one day I would love for you to see a real one in Australia

    ReplyDelete