Sunday 21 April 2013

Liebster Award

Recently my annual tradition took place.  Me dressed in my gown (dressing gown), plonked in front of the telly, watching the glitz and glamour of the Logies.  Whilst oooing and  ahhhing over the winners and loving their acceptance speeches, little did I know that my own acceptance speech was soon to be needed (haha)....So thanks to my buddy Jodie (no not me another one), I humbly accept my Liebster Award.

The Business End/Rules:

1. Anyone with less than 200 followers can be nominated for The Liebster.
2. Each nominee should post eleven facts about herself or himself.
3. Each nominee should answer the eleven questions that are asked by the person doing the nominating.

There are more rules, but I am cheating, well not really cheating, but being new to blogging my numbers don't add up!


The Fun Stuff:

1. If you could experience anything again for the first time, what would it be?
The first time I saw Michael Jackson in concert.  He was such an important part of my teen years and I still remember the excitement and the tears I shed when I first saw him.

2. If you could change one thing in history, what would it be?
John Lennon being killed.

3. How do you think the world would change from your answer to #2?
He wrote so many beautiful and inspiring songs, I think the world has missed out on so many more.

4. What's your happy song?
Anyone of these will do it:
Blackbird, Penny Lane, Imagine, Beautiful Boy and anything by Ben Harper.

5. What scent are you wearing?
Happy by Clinique.

6. What's the most important thing you would tell your 16yo self?
Hang on, life gets better, it really does :)

7. Described your town/country in one sentence.
Oceanic

8. Sweet or savoury?
Both

9. What are the five best things about women?
- We are lucky to have close, loving relationships with our beautiful friends
- We can do 101 things with our hair, clothes and makeup
- We learn to love ourselves as we grow older and wiser
- We can do more than one thing at once
- We live, we love and we laugh

10. What are the five best things about men?
- They're strong and fix stuff
- They don't take themselves too seriously and really know how to have a laugh.
- Gay men, because they are a woman's best friend (please don't take offence as I say it with the utmost sincerity)
- My man balances my personality
- My man is a kind, caring and loving father, brother, uncle, son, nephew, cousin and grandson

11. Who would play you in a movie?
Haha for those of you who know me personally of course it's Debra Mailman, but if Hollywood was calling then it's Deborra Lee Furness, only because that would mean Hugh Jackman would be parking his slippers under my bed!

These are 11 random facts about Me:

 I am absolutely petrified of geese and a close second is spiders

I love orange

I love the ocean and couldn't live away from it

I am claustrophobic

I was best friends with a beheaded ghost when I was 4 (I wasn't scared of him, but everyone else was)

I have survived and conquered the terrible and come out smiling

Buddhist monks take me to a very happy place

I love yoga

I prefer vegetables over meat

I wish I had the courage to sing in public

I absolutely love being a mum and still cannot believe that I didn't want to be one

Hope you had fun reading, please do my a favour and visit my recommended bloggers (as listed at the bottom of this page)



1 comment: